Skip to content
New Forum (?) for a...

Notifications
Clear all

New Forum (?) for acoustic arrangements of heavy songs...

20 Posts
11 Users
0 Reactions
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Maybe a "song arrangements" forum where one's own interpretation of classic songs could be posted? I've noticed that in David Hodge's easy song lessons, he doesn't do note-for-note copies of the songs....

I've resisted the urge to post Boston's "More Than A Feeling" on easy songs because it's not an exact copy of the arrangement - hell, there are about 4 guitars in there, I arranged it so I could do it with one (or two, if I'm jamming with a mate) guitar....

I'll post it if anyone's interested - file it under "pub version"....

It's close, and you can tell immediately what the song is, I just simplified it a little so's I could play along with the CD....

And C&S, if you do go ahead with a website, I'll be there - got a few interesting ones myself, including a slow, bluesy acoustic arrangement of Paranoid......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 16/06/2006 1:44 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Maybe a "song arrangements" forum where one's own interpretation of classic songs could be posted? I've noticed that in David Hodge's easy song lessons, he doesn't do note-for-note copies of the songs....
That's also a good idea, make it less specific than rock-for-acoustic, but still different to the exact copy people tend to expect... works for me :)
I've resisted the urge to post Boston's "More Than A Feeling" on easy songs because it's not an exact copy of the arrangement - hell, there are about 4 guitars in there, I arranged it so I could do it with one (or two, if I'm jamming with a mate) guitar....

I'll post it if anyone's interested - file it under "pub version"....

It's close, and you can tell immediately what the song is, I just simplified it a little so's I could play along with the CD....

And C&S, if you do go ahead with a website, I'll be there - got a few interesting ones myself, including a slow, bluesy acoustic arrangement of Paranoid......

:D :D :D

VicParanoid sounds good, and I've always had a soft spot for the old "...and remember, you can't buy this album in the shops..." rock :mrgreen:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 16/06/2006 2:23 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Or you can come to Artist Forums and we can start a forum there for this purpose.

There are less members there , but , if you are interested , i am sure it will grow up in no time.

Just a humble suggestion :D

Rahul
I had a lok around, very nice, and lots of familiar names :)

I'll sign up sometime over the weekend (no access to my own email from work :roll:)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 16/06/2006 2:25 pm
(@steves)
Estimable Member

Definite yes to More Than a Feeling!

Posted : 16/06/2006 4:59 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

i would like to see a thread like the "easy songs" dedicated to a specific genre. For me it wouldn't be too many topics and would help from sifting through numerous posts of song styles i didnt care for.
Does this mean that you're volunteering to sift and sort through the entire forum to separate everything into specific genres? :D

Well, er, uh, you see....i got this thing...I just have to get done first.... :lol:

I would be willling, however is Cheesy a genre? I can think of a few songs that would fit..

ROFLMAO!!! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 16/06/2006 11:16 pm
Page 2 / 2