Clear all

man, am i in trouble

99 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
10.5 K Views
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

You may be about to find out why the guitar is called an axe!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: and its red too :P :twisted:
You did the right thing Rocker 8) I can't wait till she comes home and says: How was your day honey? :lol:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@ivankaramazov)
Estimable Member

You did the right thing Rocker 8) I can't wait till she comes home and says: How was your day honey? :lol:

Really, I would love to read a transcript.

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

rocker, sounds like you are doing the right thing. If any purchase makes you feel guilty, probably shouldn't have made the purchase. I agree with Tele also. Tell her about your day and she'll appreciate what you've done.

With that said, however, sometimes it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. :) An American Strat that calls your name, well, how many of us would have ignored the cry (if you had the money)? My lady and I have already discussed finances (we do live together already) after the wedding and we're going to keep them seperate like we do now. We share the household bills, but pay for our own bills ourselves. For the most part, if the bills are paid, she doesn't care what I do with my money. Works for me! :)

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@ivankaramazov)
Estimable Member

rocker, sounds like you are doing the right thing. If any purchase makes you feel guilty, probably shouldn't have made the purchase. I agree with Tele also. Tell her about your day and she'll appreciate what you've done.

With that said, however, sometimes it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. :) An American Strat that calls your name, well, how many of us would have ignored the cry (if you had the money)? My lady and I have already discussed finances (we do live together already) after the wedding and we're going to keep them seperate like we do now. We share the household bills, but pay for our own bills ourselves. For the most part, if the bills are paid, she doesn't care what I do with my money. Works for me! :)

Jason
You sold a woman on keeping finances seperate in marriage? You're my idol man! I might need advice from you some day.

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

You sold a woman on keeping finances seperate in marriage? You're my idol man! I might need advice from you some day.
It was her idea, actually. She apparently got burnt in the past regarding money. I even informed her that we will be married, so our money is "our" money at that point anyway. I make a lot more money than she does, so I feel a little bad about it. But hey, it's her idea. We'll just have to see if it remains that way after the vows. :)

Jason

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Whew! I'm glad Rocker's taking it back. We'd've read about the results on CNN's page otherwise.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member

Well, I don't know how this ended but here is my spin on it!

You're a man, your supposed to screw up! Keep the guitar, If we didn't mess up, woman would have NOTHING to talk about with their girlfriends - I'm serious! They love to talk about how stupid we are, how we mess up all the time, how we don't pay attention. I screw up on purpose - just to keep her happy!

I was in Nashville last week and it's just amazing how many talented people are just walking around. There was this guy, skinny, looked Chinese and just had this great Country voice you wouldn't expect. He was amazing on his Telecaster, he was just burning it up!!! I think his name was "Luther Lewis".

Down the street from Gruhn's (sp?) Guitar shop was a bar called "Robert's" and the people in there were amazing! It's hard to explain - you have to see it for yourself.

Bob Jessie

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Like some of the others said, I don't think the purchase itself was a big deal. It was the fact he used their vacation savings for it. Married or not, spending money that someone else has contributed to for anything other than the intended purpose it wrong, IMO. Rocker, being the upstanding guy he is, is taking it back as we type this. I say good man!

I think (or hope) that maybe he'll end up with that guitar anyway (eventually). He's playing live now. Makes justifying a nice guitar much easier. Birthday? Christmas? Both? :) Maybe it'll be in your hands before you know it.

Good luck man!

Jason

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

i think i'm just going to tell her that " i wear the pants in this relationship

Ohh THAT would have worked LOL.. Seriously though, I am glad you took it back too. Theres no guitar worth that kind of guilt and if it was money set aside for both of you to take a vacation then it doesnt matter whose money it is. She would have been hurt.

Let us know how it goes.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Hey Rocker, I hope things work out well. Definitely should bring it back, like its been said before, its the vacation money thats the problem. What you should do is write her a song, and show her the great side of guitars. Otherwise you might be in the doghouse for a while, irregardless of wheter or not you brought it back.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

just didn't want to see ya throw away a relationship for a piece of wood :wink:

If more people followed that advise there would be fewer ruined relationships :!:

If you know what I mean :lol:

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

In all seriousness dude, after you take it back, sit yuor lady down and tell her exactly what you did. Tell her it was an impulse, tell her you realized as soon as you got it home that what you did was wrong and that you took it back right away because your relationship with her is more important that a piece of wood. She's gonna be mad as heck at first, but when she calms down and realizes you chose her over a new toy you'll be untouchable for awhile

Tele that is a GREAT idea and I honestly don't think she'll even get mad. I think she'll be flatteered he made the right decission...To make it even sweeter for you when you get your money back head over to Victoria Secrets and get her something sexy to wear with the money. Then during the heat of the momment that WILL occur pop the question if you can get another guitar!

Maybe all of you can answer this question for me: I am not married and never have been and I haven't dated in sometime. I often wondered why guys who are lucky enough to have a woman in their life do things that they KNOW will tick their lady off? I am not trying to bash you rocker (or anyone else for that matter) but I just don't get it. Maybe that's why I can't find anyone?

Added Edit

I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall at Rocker's house tonight!!!

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

No, no, no!!

Don't take it back yet! Wait till she gets home. You want her to see the shame and fear you feel.

Then you sheepishly say, "Sweetheart, I did something really bad today. I feel terrible about it. I am not sure why I did it, but I did and I need to tell you about it."

OK, think guys. What is she going to suspect??

Oh you know. She is going to think another woman is involved. It is always the 1st thing they think. They are designed that way.

When she asks what you did, THEN you bring the guitar out and explain how you bought it on impulse. But you explain how wonderful it felt when you played it, how great it sounded, how you have always dreamed of having this very guitar. You tell her over and over how guilty you have been feeling all day, and how afraid she will be so angry.

Then you tell her you will take it back.

I'm telling you, if you do this right you got about 75% chance of her feeling really sorry for you and telling you to keep it. She will be so glad another woman is not involved. A guitar is nothing compared to another woman.

But, this is useless. Rocker has already taken it back. :cry:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@ivankaramazov)
Estimable Member

In all seriousness dude, after you take it back, sit yuor lady down and tell her exactly what you did. Tell her it was an impulse, tell her you realized as soon as you got it home that what you did was wrong and that you took it back right away because your relationship with her is more important that a piece of wood. She's gonna be mad as heck at first, but when she calms down and realizes you chose her over a new toy you'll be untouchable for awhile

Tele that is a GREAT idea and I honestly don't think she'll even get mad. I think she'll be flatteered he made the right decission...To make it even sweeter for you when you get your money back head over to Victoria Secrets and get her something sexy to wear with the money. Then during the heat of the momment that WILL occur pop the question if you can get another guitar!

Maybe all of you can answer this question for me: I am not married and never have been and I haven't dated in sometime. I often wondered why guys who are lucky enough to have a woman in their life do things that they KNOW will tick their lady off? I am not trying to bash you rocker (or anyone else for that matter) but I just don't get it. Maybe that's why I can't find anyone?

Some girls just want to be treated like crap, no secret there.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 7