man, am i in trouble

99 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
10.5 K Views
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I'm telling you, if you do this right you got about 75% chance of her feeling really sorry for you and telling you to keep it.

75% chance of her feeling guity that you are taking it back because of her. Then she'd feel guilty and resentful.

And Mikespe, maybe its more of a situation that you arent putting yourself out there to find someone. I mean, how would I know, I dont know you personally but I think often its just the case. Sometimes you gotta put a lot of offers on the table and hear alot of no's before you find "the one".

I dont think for a second that any woman LIKES to be treated badly. They fall in love to fast with a guy that isnt a man and only cares about himself. Then they dont want to go through "singlness" again so they take the crap. All sorts of situations like that, I dont mean that is the only way it happens. (And I am in no way talking about Rocker either, just men/women relationships in general)

Way to go Rocker!!

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

Rocker, get your butt back to GC and put it on layaway!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Geoo

Somebody's gonna feel bad no matter what.

Rocker is not married yet. He has a right to spend his hard earned money on a guitar if that's what he wants.

And Rocker wants this guitar or he wouldn't have bought it. He knew what he was doing. And his fiancee should see that. Guitar is important to him. He is in a band. He is going to spend money on equipment.

If she doesn't like her man who loves to play guitar to spend money on it, get out now.

It's gonna happen anyway.

You have to support your partner's dreams. If you don't like your partner's dreams, find somebody else.

Buying a guitar is not a sin.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

Wes,
If you save money together for a vacation and you go out and buy the tool of your trade with it, that's not cool. :)
Although, that said. If I'd already bought a guitar knowing that, I wouldn't have returned it :P

oktay

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Wes, I'm with ya and I agree. However, he spent their vacation money. That's really the only problem I really saw with his entire post. So his new guitar was bought using some of her money (at least he alluded to that fact in his original post) as well. That would be enough to peeve me off too.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Wanna make a bet on who planned this vacation?

I dunno, I am a guy. I would rather have a set of tools than a bouquet of flowers.

I know, I know, the ladies feel differently. Flowers mean a lot to them. And you should give them lots of flowers, and candy, and take them to dinner, and for vacations.

At the same time, I can spead a $1000 on a great sounding guitar that I can use for years (maybe for life) or I can go look at Mickey Mouse for $300 a day.

This is a great thread. This is a problem musicians have to deal with. It is give and take for sure.

Rocker must have wanted that guitar bad. He does not seem too crazy about the vacation.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

There's a guy on another board that seems to have it worked pretty well.

Whatever amount he spends on gear, he spends on her (gifts, vacations, whatever). Granted, they are married and they share finances, so maybe it works for them because of that. Still, seemed like a good way to keep everyone involved happy.

Jason

ReplyQuote
(@ivankaramazov)
Estimable Member

Hopefully the vacation doesn't suck.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

well guys, its a done deal, the guitar is returned, on the way back, she called me on my cell
and asked where i was at, i told her on my way back from gc, and she says "oh no, what did you do" and i said i was returning a guitar, and she said " what guitar" so i told her what i did
and how lousy i felt about it and that i had to make it right, she didn't say anything for a minuteand then says " so why are you telling me this, i would have never known about it"
and i said , sometimes i do stupid things, but i have never cheated on you, lied to you or kept or hid anything from you and i never will, and i said are you mad at me? and she said " no
but if you would not have taken it back, and ruined our vacation, i would have been very hurt"
and i said baby i'm sorry, i screw up sometimes, you know how i love guitars, i can't help it
and she said " i know, and i can't help i'm in love with an idiot" we both laughed, and the she says " are you going home know?"
and i said no i think I"m going to stop off, have a couple beers and think about what could have been, and she says " ya, you think real hard about what could have been, had you not returned that guitar" we laughed and she said " baby we will get you that guitar after we come home from vacation, i promise" so must have said somthing right, i'm still
going to get that guitar WHOOOHOOOO, what could have turned out to be a disaster, turned
out great :D :D :D :D :D :D

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

ohh ya, man this thread really took off since i left to return that guitar

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

well guys, its a done deal, the guitar is returned, on the way back, she called me on my cell
and asked where i was at, i told her on my way back from gc, and she says "oh no, what did you do" and i said i was returning a guitar, and she said " what guitar" so i told her what i did
and how lousy i felt about it and that i had to make it right, she didn't say anything for a minuteand then says " so why are you telling me this, i would have never known about it"
and i said , sometimes i do stupid things, but i have never cheated on you, lied to you or kept or hid anything from you and i never will, and i said are you mad at me? and she said " no
but if you would not have taken it back, and ruined our vacation, i would have been very hurt"
and i said baby i'm sorry, i screw up sometimes, you know how i love guitars, i can't help it
and she said " i know, and i can't help i'm in love with an idiot" we both laughed, and the she says " are you going home know?"
and i said no i think I"m going to stop off, have a couple beers and think about what could have been, and she says " ya, you think real hard about what could have been, had you not returned that guitar" we laughed and she said " baby we will get you that guitar after we come home from vacation, i promise" so must have said somthing right, i'm still
going to get that guitar WHOOOHOOOO, what could have turned out to be a disaster, turned
out great :D :D :D :D :D :D

and that my friends is what we call "a Happy Ending"

Mods please lock and sticky this thread

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Rocker, I am glad to see that there are still real men in this world. I can't tell you how many times I hear the women at work telling me about friends and relatives that are abused both physically and emotionally by some idiot. I get so PO'd that a guy like that is allowed to find someone and someone who at least tries his best gets left hanging! You're all right in my book Rocker! What you did takes a lot of class!

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Rocker

Thanks for sharing your personal life with us, that takes courage (or maybe you are an idiot like your fiancee said). :D

You sure you didn't have this thing all planned out from the start? Pretty clever.

Sorry for my male-chauvanist stance. I had lots of trouble with my 1st wife because of guitar. She actually tried to get me to give it up on many instances.

I did say one thing to her that came true. Once I told her,

I WAS PLAYING GUITAR A LONG TIME BEFORE I MET YOU, AND I WILL BE PLAYING GUITAR A LONG TIME AFTER YOU ARE GONE.

I don't feel bad either. I truly loved her, but boy, I am much better off and happier without her. Don't miss her at all.

ReplyQuote
(@whoelse)
Estimable Member

The Dali Lima wrote:

Teleplayer, behind that fu-man-chu, dark sunglasses, and do-rag, you are one hellava softie.

Uuuuhhhhh, yeeeeeaaaaahhhh.... This is the same guy who told me to tell my fiance to take a taxi home from the airport so I could go score a new Takamine :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:00 am

Your fiance can take a cab home from the airport, the tak doesn't know where you live yet

I was LMAO when I read that bit of advice. I guess Tele knows when to give good, serious advice and he was right on with the advice he gave Rocker. But he can definetly switch roles and play the devil's advocate when he wants to.

Gotta keep an eye on Tele, take his advice with caution. :wink:

Dave

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Better get back on put THAT guitar on layaway then. The next one might not play as well, ya know?

Sounds like you got a good woman rocker!

Jason

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 7