Clear all

man, am i in trouble

99 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
10.5 K Views
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Since Wes doesn't like them you can send me the boquet of flowers for the advice :lol:

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

mikespe,

thanks buddy, when i played that guitar, i quit thinking about anything, but getting that guitar, not about the money, her feelings, just that i had to have that guitar, not until i was on my way home with it, did anything else cross my mind, i feel alot better, i did the right thing and i told her about it. :D

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

You will sleep guilt free tonight (well, after she's done with you anyway). :lol:

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@whoelse)
Estimable Member

Hey Rocker,
Happy it worked out o.k. for you... you get to keep the girl and she agreed to get the guitar.

Girl, vacation with the girl and the guitar. That's like hitting the trifecta. Dude, you're golden!

Congrats on working it out right.

Dave

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Rocker

You did good all by yourself.

So you buy things compulsively?

I have a personal rule. Whenever I see something I really love and want to buy right then and there, I always leave the store without it. I come back in one week and see if I still want it. If so, then I will make a purchase. But there has been a couple of occasions where when I came back the guitar or amp (or whatever) did not thrill me like the first time.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

wes,

nop , i didn't plan it, i wish i would have, and i like to share my screw ups and triumphs, with my buds, and i'm a straight guy, but, I LOVE YOU GUYS LOL

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I LOVE YOU GUYS LOL

I think those beers have kicked in! :lol:

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Rocker

I love you too. :D

See, I can be romantic.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Rocker, ya done good! :D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

Man go put it on layaway, any axe that made you go through the day you just had is worth it. Put a few bucks down and make some payments. I can tell you that afer 40 years of marriage that you have to mark your territory somehow, just don't use joint money to do it. As someone said earlier it IS easier to ask forgiveness than permission. If you wanted that axe bad enough to totally disregard all else then it has ahold of you and you owe it to yourself to get it.You are worth it! Stepping off soapbox and minding my own business now.
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

crank,

i only had 2, i have band practice tonight, plus i have a feeling tonight is going to be very spicey, holler if ya hear me lol

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

crank,

i only had 2, i have band practice tonight, plus i have a feeling tonight is going to be very spicey, holler if ya hear me lol
Yeah Rocker you definetly made the right move. Not only are you in for a good night, a good vacation, and eventually the guitar, you have some leverage with this now. She remember how honest you were, and how you did something for both of you, and not just yourself. Good on ya!

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

OMG!! This thread is awesome and hilarious and inspiring, all at once.

I agree that partners in a relationship should each be able to pursue their own dreams and expect the support of their S.O., but the VACATION money??? And to the tune of $1000 bucks without talking it over?? Couple of hundred bucks maybe, but not a thousand unless money is no object, in which case we wouldn't be having this discussion!

From where I stand, Rocker, you did the right thing in returning the guitar, AND you should probably put the guitar on layaway if you want. But not until tomorrow or the next day, so you have time to cool down and see if it is really that urgent after all.

Nice to see how many guys advised in favor of putting the relationship first. I take back everything I ever said about you. (jk) :lol:

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

margaret,

been bashing me behind my back huh? lol, thats cool, sometimes i deserve it
but truth be known, i'm really a good guy, don't tell anybody ok? i have a rep to protect lol
:P :P :P

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Rocker wrote: been bashing me behind my back huh? lol, thats cool, sometimes i deserve it
but truth be known, i'm really a good guy, don't tell anybody ok? i have a rep to protect lol
Actually, I can sympathize with you about the guitar, Rocker. I admit I have done impulsive things without any announcement or discussion, nor any consideration of the effect on others in my household.

Such as bring home puppies, a kitten, a piano (oops, I guess that was more than $1000), guitars......But I did pay for them out of "my" money.

We oughta make the rule that every guy who posted on this thread HAS to show his S.O. (if he has one) what he posted, and then he can collect his reward (or face the music, depending). I think most of you will get a good return. :wink:

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 7