Clear all

Happy Easter

19 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Happy Easter everyone I hope you all have a safe and fun time ...

A bit of sad news from me today one my dogs " Sir Barnabus the 3rd " had to be put down due to severe arthritis in his spine today poor old fella could not walk , he was fine but over the past couple of weeks he got slower and slower ..

He would have been 15 on August 1 which is a not bad for a dog , but the news devasted us and we all had a cry , he was a member of our family and when ever I was in bad books with the wife I could always rely on him to cheer me up by just wanting to be with me ..

So Easter won't be the same in our house this year , I got out of bed this morning to refill his water bowl and food dish then I remembered he isn't there anymore .. :? :?

Our other dog is missing him dearly , like the rest of us ..

Anyway have a great break everyone

Trevor

Happy Easter

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 05/04/2007 11:32 pm
(@chefie)
Prominent Member

Sorry to hear the sad news, Trevor. Family and goods friends can't be replaced.
Still, a Happy Easter to you as well.

Neil

Posted : 06/04/2007 12:16 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Happy Easter to you too, Trevor.

I'm sorry about Sir Barnabus.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 06/04/2007 12:29 am
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Happy Easter Trev and everone else @ GN,

sorry to hear about your dog mate

cheers

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 06/04/2007 12:45 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Sorry to hear of your loss, Trev. Dogs aren't just pets - they're part of the family. They're loyal, faithful, and they keep you fit when they drag you out in all weathers for walkies. I sometimes wonder who actually rules our house!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 06/04/2007 2:55 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Sorry to hear, Trevor. Had to put my 14 year old dog down a few years ago. Cried like a baby for days.

Anyway, Happy Easter. :cry: :( :) :D :lol: :roll:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 06/04/2007 3:08 am
(@pappajohn)
Honorable Member

Sorry for your loss - dogs are definitely more than just pets. Putting them down is difficult, but it's even worse to let an old friend suffer like that.

-- John

"Hip woman walking on a moving floor, tripping on the escalator.
There's a man in the line and she's blowin' his mind, thinking that he's already made her."

'Coming into Los Angeles' - Arlo Guthrie

Posted : 06/04/2007 4:03 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Trevor,

Happy Easter to you, man I feel for you with the dog. Unfortunately I had the same experience when I was younger with our German Shepard. The dog was like my brother we grew up together and did everything together, the family was devasted when we had to put him down.

Now I have two cats and a dog and I feel the same way about all of them. Never was a cat lover but one cat is just like a dog, she follows me everywhere, sleeps by my side at night and is always waiting for me when I get home. It'll be a sad day when she's gone.

Have a drink for Sir Barnabus and remember all the joy he brought you.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 06/04/2007 1:06 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Sorry to hear of your loss Trevor. :( Sounds like he was a good dog. At least the old boy isn't suffering anymore. Hope you and your family have a Happy Easter. :)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 06/04/2007 1:17 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member

My sympathies to you and your family on the loss of your dog.

Arthritis is what took my 15-year-old dog four years ago. Her mind was still perfect but I just couldn't see her suffer any more. It was Good Friday (same as today) of 2003 that we put her down and I still miss her. She was a once-in-a-lifetime friend.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 06/04/2007 1:41 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Sorry to hear of your loss Trevor, Have a safe and happy Easter all.

#4491....

Posted : 06/04/2007 2:38 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Sorry to hear that, Trev. Pets have so much personality and become so much a part of the family it is hard to let them go.
I had to put one of my cats down a couple years ago and that was very hard. He was like a dog as well, as are my other cats. They greet me when I come home, sleep next to me and one will even go for a walk with me.

Try and have a Happy Easter anyway and remeber the good times with your companion.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 06/04/2007 4:09 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I can understand you, I also lost a pet in Easter a lot of years ago.

Feliz Pascua.

Posted : 06/04/2007 6:07 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Happy Easter All

Sorry about your loss Trevor

Pax

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 06/04/2007 7:28 pm
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Sorry to read your news Trevor.

I know how you feel mate. We had a Golden Retriever for about five years. We got her from a rescue centre the NCDL (National Canine Defence League) now called the The Dog Trust.

Our youngest son Joe badgered us for two years, to have a dog. She was quite an age when we got her but she became part of the family and yes it was me who ended up doing all the walks rain or shine. She had to be put down after a stroke (I guess she was about 15 ish). Well that's what the vet said. I felt terrible even though there was nothing anybody could do for her. The worst bit was saying goodbye I felt like a traitor at the time and Joe was in pieces over it.

God did we miss her and I still miss her occaisonally even though we lost her five years ago.

Anyway try and enjoy Easter Trevor and all the best to your family.

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

Posted : 06/04/2007 8:38 pm
Page 1 / 2