Clear all

Riverside Jam 2005 Mystery Man

99 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
30.9 K Views
(@lauralasley)
Estimable Member

Yup, the same one, ZZ Top. 1/3 speed. Or whatever. Anne knows timing better than I do...

Posted : 15/08/2005 1:09 am
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

you bet i haven't missed a jam. if i did, who the hell would play the darn drums?! you've got seventeen people with a myriad of stringed instruments scrambling for a solo and space in the front row. everybody's gotta be a star. "you know, guitar players always get the girls." whatever. but who's holding it down on the kit? some little pipsqueak of a broad with a ton of drums and a pissy attitude. little help maybe? thank god this year tony brought his son. you know, it's a good thing i show up to these events, i tell you. who supplies the power? who supplies the rhythm? who rocks your world, baby?

I DO! thank you very much.

:D

luv ya!

Amen!

Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 15/08/2005 12:22 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Yep, Annie is (hard)core to the RJ experience. But I would say she's far more manic and enthusiastic than pissy. If she's kicking butt, there's a d@mn good reason. Many of us look forward to these Jams just to see her. Plus, she is without question, the most solid, dependable, professional drummer with whom I've ever played. And that should not be taken as damning praise -- Annie is the real deal in all things rhythm.

-Greg

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 15/08/2005 1:39 pm
(@annie)

gosh, i'm blushing now. :D you guys are so nice to me... actually, i'm not really a poopypants; i would just like to play guitar or bass or percussion on a set or two. however, if we are short on drummers, i understand my first responsibility is to maintain a beat. unfortunately, it seems the tendonitis kicks in when i overdo it on the drums, so a little help would be appreciated. also, if we HAD more than one drummer, we could do some latin tunes. Salsa, anyone? ai carumba!

the jam is the one event i anticipate every year. we played banjo music on a riverboat!! how cool is that?! (thank you, David). tracker-person, you would really enjoy yourself.

live free, love much, think deep

Posted : 15/08/2005 3:52 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I've been practicing on my drum pad and might be able to handle simple back beat duty. Maybe next year...

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 15/08/2005 4:43 pm
(@davidhodge)

As long as you want (need) a very simple beat, I'll be more than happy to take a turn on the kit as well. Might as well try to be the Steve Lyons of the Riverside Jam...

Peace

Posted : 15/08/2005 5:44 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

drums....I need drums.....

Posted : 15/08/2005 6:01 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

... I don't wanna work, I wanna bang on the drum all day ...

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 15/08/2005 6:11 pm
(@lauralasley)
Estimable Member

....And I pound on that drum like it was the boss's head...

Oops, I'm at work :shock:

I promise you help next East Coast Jam, Girlfriend. Maybe I can even convince him to come to the Midwest, or wherever we next meet.

Yes, it is THE event to look forward to all year. No Doubt. I don't know if we had this much fun in college....

Posted : 15/08/2005 7:04 pm
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

Yeah, Anne can be a hard ass, especially when she puts on her "teacher voice". I hope it's a bit more effective in the classroom than it was with a bunch of Indiana Pale Ale guzzlin, lunatic musicians!

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

Posted : 15/08/2005 11:12 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Well a lot of those lunatic musicians remember Annie before she was The Man.

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 16/08/2005 12:04 am
(@annie)

next year....
next year....
next year..... [ahem]
next year, if the jam is in minneapolis, then perhaps an ode to the prince is in order. maybe a funk set? the gap band, the time, p-funk and the allstars, maybe a little rick james. nick would be in heaven, as would jeff. i'd be diggin it. greg could get silly with his synth [yaowza yaowza]. we've got a horn section in the making, thanks to the "little people" [who aren't so little any more...]. do we have any slap-happy funkmeister bass players in the house? actually, david, you were getting down and dirty on the bass in your set. are you a bootsy in the making? :D

live free, love much, think deep

Posted : 16/08/2005 7:38 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

'Spose we outta let Nick dress up David pimp style for this set.

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 16/08/2005 8:31 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Tony was doing a pretty good job on bass, and I caught him slappin' and poppin' when no one else was looking.

I suppose I should learn how as well, but I think BabyDoc will grow taller before I ever become funky...

Laz

Posted : 17/08/2005 12:53 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Something on the East Coast during Foliage season would be great
because once the snow starts flying it gets hard to get people to
come out.

I'm willing to help if there is interest.

I may be able to get community acess TV coverage with enoungh notice.

Celt

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 18/08/2005 5:30 pm
Page 5 / 7