Notifications
Clear all

Favourite Movie about Music

38 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Mr. Holland's Opus and Ray and Walk The Line and ... (so many good ones, IMO)

School of Rock and Spinal Tap for funny music related movies.

I'm a member of NetFlix and have been on a concert DVD rental kick lately. Tons of great ones like Hell Freezes Over (Eagles), Live at Donington (AC/DC), Unplugged (Alice in Chains), Led Zeppelin, Changes (Godsmack), and tons more. I know they aren't movies, but darn fine viewing pleasure regardless.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Only just checked this thread out - first thing that came into my head was "The Commitments" .....funnily enough, I've been listening to the soundtrack this afternoon while decorating.....killer versions of "Midnight Hour" "Slip Away" "Mr Pitiful" and especially "Try A Little Tenderness".....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

"That Thing You Do"

I love that movie!That Thinng you you thinngn you you do you you tjhithn you the thh the thing you the the the thing you the the thing the thing the the thing you the the the thik the think 6the thing young the think the think you the think the thinnk thwe think the think the think the think the think the think the think the the think the think Think the think the think the the think the th

ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Umm......................I didn't write that. Seriously....................who put that in my post? Or am I sleep posting or something?

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Standing in the Shadow of Motown is another great one. Focuses on the Musicians behind the great motown vocal groups

And a great way to hear the "Funk Brothers" do their thing! Any guitarist who doesn't know Robert White is missing something important!

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Saturday Night Fever.

Rahul, I had a friend back in the 70's who saw that movie 80 times ( in a theater) Talk about wasted youth :lol: I can proudly say I never saw that movie(until it came out on DVD) I really didn't like disco :twisted: Its just not natural for a guy to go out partying in a white 3 piece suit unless your at a wedding :lol: Although I have to admitt there was a hand full cool disco tunes.(none of them by the Bee Gees IMO) --the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Maybe I missed it somewhere above?: Scorsese's "The Last Waltz" This was the quintessential rock/country/blues documentary for many years. Fun, music packed, a little creepy at times (someone please tell Neil Young there's still some white stuff on this face), sad and joyous.

http://www.mgm.com/lastwaltz/

Others:

"Amadeus"
"Buddy Holly Story"
"Great Balls of Fire!"
"La Bamba"

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Standing in the Shadow of Motown is another great one. Focuses on the Musicians behind the great motown vocal groups

And a great way to hear the "Funk Brothers" do their thing! Any guitarist who doesn't know Robert White is missing something important!
Standing In The Shadows of Motown is more than a great movie.
It is an important historical document that should be seen by
every musician no matter if they are a fan of Motown or not.

Joe Messina is one of the most tasteful guitarist I have ever heard.

I"ve enjoyed most of the movies mentioned already but my all time favorite,

EDDIE AND THE CRUISERS 8)

Eddie And The Cruisers II was somewhat flawed but still
had somewhat great music.

And let's not forget The Concert For George a wonderful tribute to
George Harrisson.

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3