157 Posts
52 Users
0 Likes
24.1 K Views
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Ooh I forgot about this one "The Bump" by Kenny

Wikipedia has the dance to it as this

The bump was a primarily 1970's fad dance wherein the main move of the dance is to lightly "bump" hips on every other main beat of the music. As the dance (and the evening) progressed, the bumping could become more intimate, bumping hip to backside, low bending, etc

Oh how true this was :D :D :D

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

So what happens when I declare that N'Sync, Westlife and Boyzone are also in the list of my guilty pleasurable 'boy' bands...

And occasionly I love to groove to Britney Spears 'Hit me baby one more time' as well.

You get reminded this is a GUITAR forum? Man, those aren't just guilty pleasures, that's an insanity plea.....

You get sentenced to a month in a strait-jacket in a padded cell with Pantera, Metallica, Slayer and Lamb of God playing constantly through headphones (set to maximum volume) gaffer-taped to your head.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Hmm, I will try to live with such sentences...:shock:

Can't believe how cruelly you people have treated me in my hard times and left me alone. :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@diceman)
Reputable Member

Thanks , Rahul , for taking all the heat for admitting you liked The Backstreet Boys when it was I who brought them up . I don't necessarily like everything they did , but there is something about that one particular song that I enjoy . A song sung well doesn't have to be performed by " acceptible " artists for me to like it . Richard Harris sang "MacArthur Park" and nothing else that I'm aware of yet I enjoy hearing it from time to time . Chances are that the very people condemning you (and me) for professing an enjoyment of these artists have never taken time to listen because of musical snobbery . This is akin to saying " I do not like green eggs and ham , I do not like them Sam-I-am " when you've never tried them .

P.S. Don't worry Rahul , I've got your back !

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Ok! totally unashamed!

First single I bought aged 16 and 3/4 one week before I left school. Always loved it (You'd think it would be a Beatles one but no!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbdyrRlYR2E

Just a great song by Ray Dorset and Mungo Jerry that summed up that summer for me way back in 1970.

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Ok! totally unashamed!

First single I bought aged 16 and 3/4 one week before I left school. Always loved it (You'd think it would be a Beatles one but no!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbdyrRlYR2E

Just a great song by Ray Dorset and Mungo Jerry that summed up that summer for me way back in 1970.

Chris

Man, I loved that song as a kid. I used to call in and request it on the radio. :)

Don

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Ok . . .

Kiss . . . is that so wrong?

Or, I'm sorry to admit it, I'm trying to figure out how to make this not sound bad, but . . .well, . . . Paula Abdul . . . there I said it . . .

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Django is crying, king. Django is crying.

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Django is crying, king. Django is crying.

I know .. I'm so ashamed . . . :cry:

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@voidious)
Estimable Member

My rock status will be revoked, and seeing that I'm a big 80's hair rock kinda guy ...

I owned Milli Vanilli and Vanilla Ice tapes.

Whoah, jogged some memories with that one - I owned both of those tapes, too. I was super stoked when someone gave me the Vanilla Ice one as a gift. Also reminded me that my very first CDs (shortly after) were MC Hammer (whatever album had "You Can't Touch This") and "Yo! MTV Raps", some collection of MTV mainstream crappy rap. (Please save your comments about that being redundant... :P)

The following are not so guilty, but somewhat: I loved Def Leppard and Public Enemy with a passion. I also remember having and loving Young MC's album "Stone Cold Rhymin'". About a year ago, I heard whatever song of his on the radio, and was shocked to realize I still remember every single word! I think it was called "Bust a Move".

-- Voidious

ReplyQuote
(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

This is a question for Vic!

There was a pop song in the sixties I think was called "Westminster Cathedral" (I think, at least it is mentioned in the lyrics.).

Is that the name and who did it?

I just heard it on the local oldies channel and caught myself singing along even though I don't know the words!

"la,la,la,mumble,mumble, WESTMINSTER CATHDRAL!, la,la,....

I'll go back into my box now.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

This is a question for Vic!

There was a pop song in the sixties I think was called "Westminster Cathedral" (I think, at least it is mentioned in the lyrics.).

Is that the name and who did it?

I just heard it on the local oldies channel and caught myself singing along even though I don't know the words!

"la,la,la,mumble,mumble, WESTMINSTER CATHDRAL!, la,la,....

I'll go back into my box now.

Here's the one you're thinking of...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Cathedral_%28song%29

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

Racetruck,
if you clicked on The Pipkins Youtube link earlier, Winchester Cathedral was on the same page!
Here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ4GAo1PDhU

It's one of our family in-joke songs as I always used to play it whenever we went to my Aunties house as they had the album! Even got it played at my wedding :lol: loh-dee-oh-doh-dee-oh-doh!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

OOOH, I was well tucked up when Racetruck posted - damn, I'd managed to consign Winchester Cathedral to the recycle bin of the mind. Thanks for reminding me of that - it'll be stuck in my head all day now.

Here's a band I always felt guilty about liking - the clothes; the hair; the music; it could only be the 70's. Possibly the tackiest band of the whole glam-rock era. I feel slightly less guilty about liking this now...last time we went to a (60's/70's retro disco) club, this was played in between "Paradise By The Dashboard Light" by Meatloaf and "(747)Strangers In The Night" by Saxon, and all the teenagers - my daughter's age group - were singing along to it!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x3XGjnQgsJA

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Most guilty, and most pleasurable:

Celtic Woman Um, how exactly did DAVID get to be a Celtic Woman? :lol:

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 11