Clear all

6 string Fender

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I have never lost a guitar but this what I have so far ...I am posting this as I came to a dead end ...

6 string Fender

Am I losing my life
Or am I losing my mind
You are so hard to find
I've searched am I blind

I have googled your name
Can't find anything the same
I have no one to blame
Can you feel my shame

You were my first 6 string Fender
Loved you more than any lender

You were always there
Like my favourite chair
Warm like a big polar bear
Realise how much I really do care

You were my first 6 string Fender
Loved you more than any lender

++++++++++++++++++++
Should I go back to the drawing board ?

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Olav
(@olav)
Estimable Member

Barnabus
I do not think you have to go back to the drawing board, some minor rewrites would do.
What you have is kinda “cute” However the last line in the chorus could use some work
“Lender” just does not do it for me. How about something like: I love you more than your greatest contender” …..or something like that??
Any music in mind?

Blessings.
Olav

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hi Trev,
Good on you for trying something different, making each line rhyme is a tall order. My main comment is that the song doesn't have the kind of conversational touch that I like, and reads a little bit like a list. I know that you tend to write without the aid of music, but I would really recommend that you try the getting the music first, and see how the music sets the tone and the meter of the song. There's nothing stopping you borrowing someone else's song, maybe a favourite off the radio and writing your own lyrics to that song. If you don't post an mp3, no one would ever know, and besides this forum is all about learning, and if that technique works for you, then do it.
Keep the learning process going mate

Cheers

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys

Yeah I was trying something different with the rhyme ...{ re-think }

Olav :I like your suggestion mate ..

Pete :Thats a pretty kool sounding chorus mate

Paul : I will take your advise from now on about music { I bet you say to your self now about time :lol: :lol: :lol: }

I wanted to do something totally different this week , maybe I should have really thought a bit harder ...

Thanks

Trevor

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

PBee's pointing you in the right direction - doesn't he always, bless his little cotton socks - you really need to sit down with a guitar when you're writing, even if you only do downstrums it'll give you an idea of tempo and meter....

I hope Freda (or was it Frida? Didn't you name the guitar after one of the Abba girls?) is well BTW.....

Kudos for trying - as always - if we had GNoscars (end of year awards) I'd nominate you for hardest trier and most improved SSG writer......

But sadly, I'm not really impressed by this one - doesn't really work for me - there's no story - how/when/where/why did you lose the guitar......it's not personal enough....like you said, "I've never lost a guitar".....I have, I've sold them to pay bills....but you learn from experience, next time I'll see if anyone wants to buy one of my daughters......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Vic

For Being down - to - Earth and telling it how it is with this statement :

"But sadly, I'm not really impressed by this one - doesn't really work for me - there's no story - how/when/where/why did you lose the guitar......it's not personal enough....like you said, "I've never lost a guitar".....I have, I've sold them to pay bills....but you learn from experience, next time I'll see if anyone wants to buy one of my daughters......"

The Mrs bought a C D of just guitar music so I plan to listewn to it very closely and try to write lyrics to the music from C D

I'll see if that helps me improve ..

Yeah my Fender was named after a ABBA girl , but to my shame I spelt her name wrong :oops: :oops: :oops: Freda ...Not Frida :oops: :oops: :oops:

Kudos for trying ...Very trying some might say :lol:

Thanks for your feed back ..

ps

3 / 87 :oops: :oops:
Vic will know what that means

ReplyQuote