Clear all

SSG Year 11 Week 19

12 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

And hello to everyone.

This week you get a title, the rest of the song is yours to do with as you please.

And the title is:

"Maybe"

If you absolutely cannot work with this, then you may choose from any of the following:

"Perhaps"
"Possibly"
"Could Be"

You also get to pick any two numbers (whole numbers) between 1 and 10.

As always, I look forward to reading and to listening to what you come up with.

Peace

(@chefie)
Prominent Member

Maybe 7 and 8?

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

I'll have 5 and 8 please

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

1, 2 please

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

Hello gentlemen.

My apologies for this being later than planned. I'm having issues accessing the forums and the PM functions for some reason. Hopefully it's not system-wide. But after spending the last hour unsuccessfully trying to reply via PM I thought I'd try this route instead. Works great since all three of you managed to pick the same assignments via the "number system."

Also my apologies for not being around all that much during the week. I do make it a point to listen to everyone's song but I'm not getting enough time to give back thoughtful feedback. I'm in the middle of a book deadline and pretty much spending any spare time in conferences with my editor and art director. Can't wait for it to be over.

Anyway, this week you three are to write your songs in a minor key of your choosing and in 3 / 4 time.

Looking forward to your song this week.

Peace

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

David I think its system wide.

I've been having trouble as well.

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

Well, at least we're communicating this way. It's a start. Hopefully we'll manage to get through these little snags.

Back to work, though, for me - be chatting with you again soon.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@andygetch)
Reputable Member

This makes me think of Janis Joplin (R.I.P.) singing "Maybe" on the Ed Sullivan show March 16, 1969,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzGQi7kXqDM

looks like six and nine are my numbers :D

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1228093

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

Hi Andy

You get major key and 4 / 4 time signature. Happy writing!

Looking forward to your song.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Time I got my songwriting act together again....although I did manage ten songs in February in my first attempt at FAWM! Can I have 2 and 3 please, David? perhaps I'll get a song out this week............

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

Hi Vic

Good to hear about February's songs! Maybe we'll be get to hear a few?

Like Andy, you get to write in any major key of your choice and in a 4 / 4 time signature. Looking forward to a song this week!

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@john-sargent)
Noble Member

Hello gentlemen.

My apologies for this being later than planned. I'm having issues accessing the forums and the PM functions for some reason. Hopefully it's not system-wide. But after spending the last hour unsuccessfully trying to reply via PM I thought I'd try this route instead. Works great since all three of you managed to pick the same assignments via the "number system."

Also my apologies for not being around all that much during the week. I do make it a point to listen to everyone's song but I'm not getting enough time to give back thoughtful feedback. I'm in the middle of a book deadline and pretty much spending any spare time in conferences with my editor and art director. Can't wait for it to be over.

Anyway, this week you three are to write your songs in a minor key of your choosing and in 3 / 4 time.

Looking forward to your song this week.

Peace

I understand the concept of too busy to do everything. Sometimes I understand it too well. If I get a chance to do something with the "Maybe" topic I'll have to wing it and just put it in whatever key and time signature feels natural.

ReplyQuote