Notifications
Clear all

SSG Year 6 - Week 1 - dhodge

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

I should know better than to listen to temptation...

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Blues for Dummies (with generic musical instructions)

First you sing your first line and then you play a little fill (Insert Generic Blues Fill "A" here)
Next you sing the second line and then you play a little fill (Insert Generic Blues Fill "A" or "B" here)
Then you finish with your turnaround so you can show you've got some skill (Insert Generic Blues Turnaround "C" here)

After this you'll play a solo where you can make your guitar wail (Insert Generic Blues Fill "A" here)
You'll really wow folks with your solo and how you make your guitar wail (Insert Generic Blues Fill "A" or "B" here)
No they never have to know it's just a minor pentatonic scale (Insert Generic Blues Turnaround "C" here)

(Insert Generic Blues Solo "D" here)

Hope you liked your very first blues song they're so much fun to play and write (Insert Generic Blues Fill "A" here)
Hope you liked your very first blues song they're so much fun to play and write (Insert Generic Blues Fill "A" or "B" here)
Don't matter if you're rich or poor, red or yellow black or white (Insert Generic Big Finish Outro "D" here)

Don't roll your eyes too much... :roll:

Peace

(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Excellent! I really liked how the first and second lines are almost (but not quite) identical. Definitely gives it that true Blues feel.

ReplyQuote
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

And I thought I was shameless!

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

And I thought I was shameless!

Just wait - I may pull out my Every Bad Writing Cliche Blues, which is where this all started...

Peace

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

David,

Very clever. At first glance I tough it was actual instruction and not a song.
You may be on to a new teaching technique here.

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@montezuma)
Estimable Member

Ha Ha :lol:

Clever stuff
I thought the last line could do with tweaking. How about . . .

Don't matter if you cant play, and your singing's total (well, you know! :wink: )

Yeh, well practice didnt go so well yesterday :|

Cheers
Ola

“Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is go where they can find you.” - Winnie the Pooh

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Clever stuff, indeed. All the more so when you realise it's actually 100% true!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

David,
yeah well done :D
Im really looking forward to hearing you sing this, especially the third verse :P .

cheers
Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@jameswigan)
Eminent Member

That's quite a good explaination! :D

ReplyQuote