It's Sunday morning and we've all waited
For this week's assignment to be updated

“Out of bed, you lazy lout”, they roared
You can sleep when you've done your chore
A day of rest for our Lord this may be
But not for us and especially not for thee

KR2

Oops

Sorry Vic, I didn't check the SSG board. I found the assignment there . . . not under a NEW post.
Disregard the above lyrics . . . :mrgreen:

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Sorry Vic, I didn't check the SSG board. I found the assignment there . . . not under a NEW post.
Disregard the above lyrics . . .

Got to keep you all on your toes, haven't I? You should now by now, Ken - expect the unexpected!

No-one expects the Spanish Inquis.....oops, sorry, veering off into a Monty Python sketch there for a moment....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

So this week, pick ONE possibility....halfway house, perhaps? halfway home? halfway there (wherever there is?!)....it's up to you where you end up. As long as you start with "halfway" in the title......

Halfway Dead
Halfway Here
Halfway There
Halfway to Paradise
Halfway House
Halfway Crazy
Halfway Love
Only Halfway
Halfway Rene'
Meet Me Halfway
Halfway Done
Halfway In, No way out
Halfway Over It
KR2's Halfway Song
Halfway Sober
Halfway Laughing
Halfway Crying
Halfway Through It
Wednesday is Halfway
Halfway Heart
Love Me Halfway

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I have to apologise, I haven't been around much the last few weeks, apart from setting the actual assignments - been a bit on the sickly side. It started with a mouth ulcer - which was under a bad tooth, and led to a horrible toothache. Trouble was, the tooth couldn't be extracted till the ulcer went down - so I was pumped full of antibiotics, by my doctor, to relieve the inflammation. THEN....I got a throat infection from the mouth infection which led to a chest infection...at least, that's how I read it in my semi-conscious state.

Anyway, I think I'm almost compos mentis now - or, at least, as compos mentis as I'll ever be. I've got a lot of reading to catch up on. Hell, I've got a lot of writing to catch up on, too - can't remember the last time I had an idea for a song.

Hopefully that'll change soon - in the meantime, it's so good to see you're all beavering away as usual and actually wring!

Sigh.....hope I can get inspiration from somewhere soon.........

But thanks, all for stickin' around!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

UGH, glad things are on the mend for you Vic!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

Regarding Assignment 31

Here is an interesting link to see what happened on your birthday throughout history....It might provide a spark of songwriting inspiration as well :wink:

http://www.datesinhistory.com/

ReplyQuote
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member

Now four weeks late by SSG time, but I'd like to thank you for week 28's assignment, Vic. It sparked something which I'd been waiting to write for quite a time. Thank you very much.

Take care,

Casey

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Regarding Assignment 31

Here is an interesting link to see what happened on your birthday throughout history....It might provide a spark of songwriting inspiration as well :wink:

http://www.datesinhistory.com/

Meant to add to this one earlier, but forgot - if you type a date into Wikipedia in this format - June 12th, February 1st, etc. - it'll give you a list of notable events on that day, and also a list of people born on that day.
Now four weeks late by SSG time, but I'd like to thank you for week 28's assignment, Vic. It sparked something which I'd been waiting to write for quite a time. Thank you very much.

You're welcome, Shady - I'm always thrilled when someone gets a good song out. Kind of like being godfather to someone's baby! Doesn't even matter if it's one or mine or one of someone elses, still gives me just as much of a kick!

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

Hi All,

The following web site [www.songu.com]is one I have joined since January. It is a great place to learn about song writing. They are having an "open house" for a limited time. It is well worth checking out.......

Here is the email I received from them with the details.
========
Hi everyone,

With our 6th birthday at SongU.com approaching, we've decided to do something special for our friends and yours - a SongU.com "Virtual Open House" . It's a chance for anyone who has never been a member of SongU.com to check out what we're about for a full 14 days without cost or credit card. Feel free to pass the invitation below to your friends, fellow songwriters and favorite discussion boards before June 16th. And be sure to tell them to put your name down as the person who referred them JAMES CONRAD :mrgreen: . If they decide to continue at SongU.com after the 14 days as a paying member, you will automatically receive your next month of SongU.com membership for free. Just tell them to put your name in the "Who referred you?" box during signup JAMES CONRAD :mrgreen: . That's all there is to it.

==============================================

SongU.com Celebrates Its 6th Birthday! SongU.com provides online multi-level song writing courses developed by award-winning songwriters, song feedback, mentoring, one-on-one song coaching, co-writing, unscreened pitching opportunities and more. This June marks their 6th anniversary and they are inviting people to try it free for 14 days (no credit card required). You'll get to pitch songs, check out the virtual campus, and take up to 5 online courses including a special one-hour instructor-led session of LYR 210 "Writing From The Heart" led by award-winning hit songwriter and SongU.com co-founder, Sara Light. How to take advantage of this offer: Visit http://www.SongU.com , click on the "Join" link at the top and use redemption code CONTEST_BDAY when signing up as a new member. This code is valid only through Tuesday, June 16th, so you have to hurry. Be sure to tell them I referred you. JAMES CONRAD :mrgreen:

James

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Just letting you know that I think Vic has been doing a tremendous job of keeping the SSG on track with interesting and varied writing topics, but I'm gonna be dropping out of contributing songs for a while. There are a bunch of reasons for this, partly got other things I need to spend time on, but I've also been having a really bad writer's slump at the moment so some of the submissions I've made have been a real drag out affair to get done, and I can't record until I have my interface financed which means I can't post audio or even evaluate my own tunes as a pure "listener" so I'd rather work on some other stuff until that's sorted out. I hope to come back strong in due course.

I'll keep checking the weekly assignments and will try to leave feedback on other GNers submissions in my 'absence' (heh, I'll be kinda like the guy at work who retires but can't resist coming in every few weeks to shoot the breeze...) and, if anything does manage to light a fire under my frankly uninspired backside, then I might submit something.

And thanks to everyone involved in the SSG (both now and in the past) for making it what it is. Props guys. 8)

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member

Just want to openly thank Jamestoffe.

I just checked his soundclick thing, and I heard his songs, and I am motivated to start working on songs. O_O cause I was a bit nervous before about posting songs but listening to some of his songs made me think I could do it too.

Also want to thank everyone else for being so warm :D.

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

ReplyQuote
(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

Thanks for the encouragement as well. :D

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Just want to openly thank Jamestoffe.
If we're warm . . . it might be because . . . you're cool(nama) :mrgreen:

ReplyQuote
(@coolnama)
Prominent Member

lol :P

That name is actually a typo that I loved O_O.

Hmm I have a question... What music do you all listen to ?

From reading some of your songs I sometimes get a certain vibe, and wanna see if the vibe has anything to do with the stuff you listen to most of the time.

I wanna be that guy that you wish you were ! ( i wish I were that guy)

You gotta set your sights high to get high!

Everyone is a teacher when you are looking to learn.

( wise stuff man! )

Its Kirby....

ReplyQuote
(@jaythejoker)
Estimable Member

Nice question.

I listen to mainly rock (alternative is preferable , not really into hard rock/metal side of things) and then there's pretty much anything with a good melody (some blues and a really limited amount of jazz)

The Shins are my favorite band at the moment... then there's random stuff like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnaeImQ0TSg

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 14