WK 49 Song Titles

13 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@chris-c)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Well....
I reached right down into the decaying brain... pushed past Today's List of Jobs, skipped through the Favourite Fantasies section, jogged down the Comfortable Memories Pathway, waved to Id and Ego, dashed rapidly through Fears and Embarrassments, and even took a quick peek at Secret Passions, but all I could find were these... :wink:

Tightbuns Boogie

You Ain't Paid The Rent So I'm Evicting You From My Heart.

Annie's Couch

The Eagle and the Rock

Cheers,

Chris

Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member

Pure country and western - you have a great sense of humour Chris
Annie's Couch
Could go a couple of ways with this one but I hear a kind of mournful remembering desiring to be back in a safe place.
Tightbun's Boogie
Only one way to go with this.........so I went there but I'll keep it for next week :twisted:
The Eagle and the Rock
This just wants to be a comparison song, a dreamer and a realist, and how they work together.

Got me thinking straight away which is the whole point of this assignment.

Good stuff

Bob :wink:

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Ooh boy, more fun!

Tightbuns Boogie

I'm sooooo glad Bob stepped up for this one. I don't think I could ever write it from experience! :wink:

You Ain't Paid The Rent So I'm Evicting You From My Heart

Agreed! Country (with or without Western) all the way. Get the pedal steel guitars ready!

Annie's Couch

The Eagle and the Rock

These last two appeal the most to me, especially Annie's Couch. There's a lot of room for story and twist and the choice of narrator would be critical for making the song special. Right now, I'm thinking that Annie's cat would be the ideal narrator...

Peace

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Hey Chris,
Tightbuns Boogie

ZZ Top ? Maybe a companion piece to Tubesteak Boogie?

Nothing but Country would work here.
Annie's Couch

Wow a lot of ways to go with this one. Maybe this is where you got your
first kiss or is Annie a Psychotherapists? Maybe Annie is seeing a Psychotherapists.
I'm thinking something like a Thrift Shop find that turns out to have Annie's old
Love Letters stuffed in a cushion.
The Eagle and the Rock

I'm not getting much from this one but I'm sure someone else might.

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

Well....
I reached right down into the decaying brain... pushed past Today's List of Jobs, skipped through the Favourite Fantasies section, jogged down the Comfortable Memories Pathway, waved to Id and Ego, dashed rapidly through Fears and Embarrassments, and even took a quick peek at Secret Passions, but all I could find were these... :wink:

funny, i think there's possibilities in this paragraph. not that you song title aren't any good or anything. I just like this paragraph,

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Well I like tightbuns boogie, full of subtle innuendo. Perhaps it's a song about the foot long hot dog on the regular size bun and the juggling one has to do to keep it all together.

Annie's couch....I don't know why but I see a kind of "Band" song here. I've been fighting for so long now, my mind just wanders aimlessly, cars and girls and beer and guitar, Annie's couch is where I'd rather be. A mental homecoming....

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Last time I stayed at Annie's I think Greg and I flipped for either the futon or the floor... :wink:

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@montezuma)
Estimable Member

Well....
. . . skipped through the Favourite Fantasies section
are you sure you didnt tarry a while?? :wink:
Tightbuns Boogie
Fast & furious. Probably needs witty lyrics - but you'll be ok there!
I dont think this works as a title - possibly the length. It would probably do better in the chorus.
Annie's Couch
Freudian mental slip. I read this as Annies crotch. I'll speculate no further :twisted:
The Eagle and the Rock
Suggests a ballad to me.

Thats all for now - I'm off to see the psychotherapist :)

“Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is go where they can find you.” - Winnie the Pooh

ReplyQuote
(@slowplay)
Honorable Member

Tightbuns Boogie
I love this title, but the challenge of doing it justice intimidates me.

Country? No way, this is so obviously techno. :)

Annie's Couch
A song about hard times gone by and the girl who helped you through them?

The Eagle and the Rock
A song about US-Aussie relations? That'd be a blast.

Ice cream is a dish best served cold.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

You broke my heart so I broke your jaw

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

You broke my heart so I broke your jaw
So THAT'S what happened!! :shock:

I was driving home from taking my son to the swimming pool yesterday, when CRACK - one of my teeth split in half. :?

What followed was a somewhat tense drive home with half a tooth dangling off the inside gum... :(
At the time I thought it was due to the piece of apple I'd been chewing.... But it looks like it might have been voodoo retribution at work.... Clearly Nick has powerful thoughts....:o

Is it too late for flowers? Chocolates? Beer??? :P

Fortunately, our neighbour works for a local dentist and they kindly managed to squeeze me in today. But the receptionist (wife of the dentist) demanded chocolates as a 'squeezing in fee'! :lol: Looks like it's going to be an expensive afternoon...

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hi Chris, hope the tooth doesn't give you too much pain

Tightbuns Boogie
I think the lyrics of this one on this one should be something slick and the the "Tightbuns Boogie" carried by virtue of the music composition.

Ry Cooder springs to mind here as in Money Honey

Annie's Couch
I'm getting country vibe here, I suppose its John Denver's, Annie's Song thats in my head

The Eagle and the Rock
Eagles and Rocks are pretty powerful symbols so I'm hearing a rocker here

cheers

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@straycat)
Noble Member

hey chris

i have to do a little echoing;-)
i thought your paragraph was fine writing, somthing that could be quoted to death by a certain cat;-) "comfortable memories pathway" ... :D

of your titles i liked "You Ain't Paid The Rent So I'm Evicting You From My Heart." most.
unfortunately i think the title says it all so well that i wouldn't know what else to write for lyrics.. so it would be a rather short piece if i was to write it.. bit of picture-throwing and a one-line chorus.. :-D

cheers,
straycat.

"oh, eventually it will break your heart" - anders wendin

ReplyQuote