Clear all

YEAR THREE WEEK 11 FIRST POST HERE!!

20 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@guitargeek)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

i totally understand that, i just didnt like the way scratchmonkey said it, i thought it was a little rude thats all

ReplyQuote
(@pierson)
Reputable Member

Hey guitargeek. I liked your song just the way it is. If you want to swear, then swear! Personally, my favorite band is slipknot, so I'm quite used to the whole swearing senario.
"So open your bitter minds "instead of So fu<k your bitter minds
This is one post that I don't agree with. Replacing the word is fine, but not with that one. Wanting someone to open their mind is way different than, "Fu<k your minds."

I liked your style. But I guess that is just me.

Keep it up!

There's a thin fine line between hate and rage.
Now watch the line be crossed and break!

ReplyQuote
(@scratchmonkey)
Honorable Member

I still say it makes you sound ignorant. You should aim higher.

Hey guitargeek,

I apologize if you thought my comments were rude. By way of clarification, I didn't call you ignorant. I said that excessive use of profanity makes you sound that way. There's a considerable difference between the two. And that was my whole point for jumping into this tangent in the first place. Normally, I'd just stup reading someone's posts if they posted stuff like that. I still think your song would be much more powerful if you used more carefully chosen words. There's really nothing inherently "emotional" about profanity.

Anyways, rest assured, I don't think you're ignorant, nor did I mean to imply that. And I apologize. And having said that, I'll bow out now.

-- Scratch 8)

"...if heartaches were commercials, we'd all be on TV" -- John Prine

ReplyQuote
(@guitargeek)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

thank you for your apology, its accepted :)

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

open your minds was just a suggestion to show there are other words in the english language , to open your mind is try and see the other persons perpective on the said subject the other line means nothing me .

anyway time for more prosac for me

bitter twisted old angry what else can I say that people call me

cheers
L.K

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2