Notifications
Clear all

ignore posts by certain individuals

75 Posts
30 Users
0 Likes
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Very good opinions expressed as to how an ignore button would take away from the community that we have now. My vote would be no.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 21/01/2007 5:26 am
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

I vote no, I agree with Margaret and Rahul ; it would be dreadfully awful to visit and find one was on everyones ignore list :cry: :cry: and to know who was ignoring you :cry: :cry:

Posted : 21/01/2007 9:23 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I have to pop in here and vote NO as well. If you don't want to be angered by a particular persons post, don't read it. Just skip right over it! Then no one becomes offended at being ignored, which I've seen erupt into wars on other boards. I just don't think it's a good idea for this particular forum.

IMHO.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 21/01/2007 6:24 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I agree with EB.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 21/01/2007 6:40 pm
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

I vote NO.

Chances are if you have a grievence with someone you're probably ignoring their posts anyway.

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 21/01/2007 6:43 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter

obviously,I had not thought this out completely before suggesting it.
it never occured to me that people would be able to tell if you had chosen to ignore them (there would be no list) , or that they would upon finding out, maybe choose to somehow escalate that into something else.

Margarets observation that this would possibly cause an even worse situation is enough to scrap this idea altogether.
we should all continue to ignore those we choose to the old fashioned way and just skip reading their posts.
(it's always worked for me)
i think we have more than enough of a vote to scrap this suggestion.

#4491....

Posted : 21/01/2007 7:58 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Can we still implement the Ignore All button?

Posted : 21/01/2007 8:08 pm
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

:D :D

Maybe you just need a sticky pointing out that most computers already have a handy Ignore All button right in the front of the case. I use mine every day. Forum members all round the net heave a collective sigh of relief every time I use it. :wink:

Posted : 22/01/2007 3:21 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

:D :D

Maybe you just need a sticky pointing out that most computers already have a handy Ignore All button right in the front of the case. I use mine every day. Forum members all round the net heave a collective sigh of relief every time I use it. :wink:

Woah, that was THE shortest Chris_C post EVER!!! ACK.. Dont ignore me.. I was just teasing you.. :)

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 22/01/2007 3:27 am
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

OK :D

Posted : 22/01/2007 5:04 am
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

OK :D

New shortness record. :P

Posted : 22/01/2007 5:09 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Definitly. I am very excited at that proposition.

What we need is an 'Ignore Myself' feature and then 'Ignore the rest and anyone else joining in' feature.

In that situation, I cannot see what I am typing and nither I can view the responses. So it will be a very good way to increase my post count (by posting anything like 'afsdlahslkgjksj' 20 times a day). More or less like a bull left open to run around in the wild grassland.

Posted : 22/01/2007 6:57 am
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Funny thread! I like the 'ignore myself' feature :-D

I think we should have the good ol'

Ignore | Retry | Cancel

feature

Where 'retry' is accompanied by a message stating - "it looks like this user is annoying you. Perhaps you should go for a coffee before rereading the post and consider again whether this is important enough to annoy you"

Seriously - This forum works superbly without an ignore feature - also due to "the invisible hand" of the mods - I don't see the use of an explicit ignore feature as long as everybody is welcome to use the implicit ignore feature of not reading.

lars

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

Posted : 22/01/2007 10:29 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

also due to "the invisible hand" of the mods

Invisible until they SMACK you with it. You must be a good boy. :lol:

I like the retry feature. :lol: Lots of times if we just had to go and sit for 30 minutes before REALLY replying then it would change our response.

Lastly, if I ever get a bull and let it run with in my pasture then I am to name it Rahul, in honor. :lol:

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 22/01/2007 10:54 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter

gnore this please :oops:

#4491....

Posted : 15/02/2007 10:20 pm
Page 4 / 5