Clear all

SSG Week 43

11 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Well I finally got to write a song earlier in the week since I was hit with the idea suddenly while practicing morse code (What possible connection is even possible with this song and morse code?)

Too Close To the Sun

(Verse One)
She came up to me,
Asked what I used to be,
I gave a simple reply,
I flew in the sky.

(Verse Two)
I've seen so much,
Always had good luck,
Like a shooting star,
I flew pretty far.

(Solo's)

(Chorus)
Then she asked where I went,
“Over the horizon, into the sea,
Wherever my plane flew me,
As far as the heavens could be."

(Verse Two)
I've seen so much,
Always had good luck,
Like a shooting star,
I flew pretty far.

(Verse Three)
Now that girl's got a hold of me,
Just like the sun's gravity,
Pulls me closer and closer,
Into her exploding supernova.

(Verse Four)
I flew myself into this mess,
Give it all I got and nothing less,
She'll self-destruct then I'm done.
5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

(@scratchmonkey)
Honorable Member

.... . -.-- / -... ... - --..-- / .. / .-.. .. -.- . / - .... .. ... / --.- ..- .. - . / .- / .-.. --- - / -. .. -.-. . / .-. .... -.-- -- . ... / -. .. -.-. . / -- . - . .-. / .- .-.. .-.. / .. -. / .- .-.. .-.. --..-- / .- / ...- . .-. -.-- / -. .. -.-. . / ... --- -. --. .-.-.- / --. --- --- -.. / .--- --- -... / -....- -....- /

>> ... -.-. .-. .- - -.-. .... 8)

-- Scratch 8)

"...if heartaches were commercials, we'd all be on TV" -- John Prine

ReplyQuote
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

hey bst, I like this quite a lot nice rhymes nice meter all in all, a very nice song. Good job

>> Scratch

Well reading morse code can be tricky and I messed up on a couple words because I though there were spces between the dots and dashes when there was not supposed to be or vice versa. Morse code is moer of an audio language than written but I got through it. BTW did you do this yourself or find a sheet with all the letters on it and make it up? Thanks for the compliment

Bstguitarist :lol:

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

ReplyQuote
(@scratchmonkey)
Honorable Member

BTW did you do this yourself or find a sheet with all the letters on it and make it up?

LORD no, BST. They have programs that translate from one to the other. I just fed the text in. I think on the one I used, you could actually have played the audio as well. (not that I'd have known if it was accurate!)

Anyways, good job again,

-- Scratch 8)

-- Scratch 8)

"...if heartaches were commercials, we'd all be on TV" -- John Prine

ReplyQuote
(@jamir)
Honorable Member

Hi'a.... i love the really short lines it gave me such a happy feel when I was reading it.

Great job
go well
Ja'mir

I am a cloud within a cloud http://www.justjamir.com

you can hear my songs at :

http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=21709

ReplyQuote
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys! I was beginning to wonder whether SSG was actually helping me and I am starting to think it has. BTW morse code is easier to learn that one may think. The #1 rule is to not learn it by dit's and dah's. There is actually almost a type of music created by the patterns. Which is why it is coming fairly easy to me. I would imagine since we are all musicians here that it s wouldnt be hard for you guys if you were interested. Thanks!

bstguitarist
:lol:

ReplyQuote
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Hi Bst,

I really like this one. I've enjoyed reading it a couple of times now. Keep up the good work.

Celt

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

ReplyQuote
(@straycat)
Noble Member

hey ya:)

that title is gorgeous:) I feel almost burnt now...
is this going to be like a sad or more like a little sarcastic maybe ASH style?

like it, especially the fact you managed to get 'exploding soupernova' in it :D

I used to morse a lot because of mickey mouse magazine :D :D :D very long time ago I'd say;) but now I can write no more than SOS
...---... ;)

bye
bluenightangel

"oh, eventually it will break your heart" - anders wendin

ReplyQuote
 Bob
(@bob)
Noble Member

Hi BST

Have to agree with everyone here that this is a great piece. Strange where you get inspiration from.

I like the finish it's very well done.

Great stuff

Bob :)

My Soundclick Page

You are what you eat, eat well

ReplyQuote
(@cheapthrill)
Estimable Member

.... . -.-- / -... ... - --..-- / .. / .-.. .. -.- . / - .... .. ... / --.- ..- .. - . / .- / .-.. --- - / -. .. -.-. . / .-. .... -.-- -- . ... / -. .. -.-. . / -- . - . .-. / .- .-.. .-.. / .. -. / .- .-.. .-.. --..-- / .- / ...- . .-. -.-- / -. .. -.-. . / ... --- -. --. .-.-.- / --. --- --- -.. / .--- --- -... / -....- -....- /

>> ... -.-. .-. .- - -.-. .... 8)only you scratch, only you would do this. cute though. and thanks for translating it for the rest of us that actually like to use letters bst. :lol:

ok on to your song. the meter is nice, it gives the song a light airy feeling, the short lines help too. that feeling goes really nice with the flying theme you go going on here.

nice little diddy here.

-CheapThrill

ReplyQuote
(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys for the input I extremely appriciate it!

bstguitarist :lol:

ReplyQuote