I was
Trapped in a tunnel of Time
I didn't know it if you were still mine

The ticking of the clock
High up on my wall

I didn 't know it I was
Going to fall
--------------------------
Ok not the greatest song I have ever written but I will say its the best MP I HAVE EVER DONE ..
I watched this guy plucking 2 strings at once the other night and just had to give it ago ..

Maybe I should just post this in hear here ...I'll do that as well if the mods feel it doesn't belong here

Trev

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

(@chefie)
Prominent Member

Hi Trevor,

I agree . . . . I like the MP3. And I love the 2 string bit. Might try it myself. As to the song, I think what you wrote is very good and makes an excellent chorus. Just gotta go back and write the body :lol:

Going back to the MP3 . . . . and I know you have an issue with your singing . . . . . as an experiment I would love to hear you record a song and just talk it through with your natural speaking voice . . . . . not trying to sing or create a melody. Whatcha think?

Neil

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

This is pretty close to my talking voice Neil , I have done that before mmmm maybe I'll try it again ..

Thanks for listening

Trev

ReplyQuote
(@ellenback)
Eminent Member

I like it, Hilch - have you tried to record using two tracks, at all? Do the guitar, and then play it back thru headphones, and record the singing - that way you can concentrate on each part without trying to get both to be perfect at the same time. That's how I do it, and sometimes I even have up to 20 tracks going before I blend them together, fixing vocal parts, etc. This might help you with the rhythm end of things, as well, since you could then tap your foot along with the music and force yourself to begin and end the words at the right downbeat.

One hint, for you, is that if your words are something like, "going to fall..." you might want to bring your voice down at the end, rather than up. It's an auditory manipulation of the words, and often it's quite subconscious.

Just some more nagging from your online singing buddy...LOL

Elle

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

have you tried to record using two tracks, at all?

Thats how I do it every time my dear old nagger :lol:

I had 10 goes at this and was going just to post the playing in hear here and on that other site { shh} :lol: :lol:

The old girl walked in as I played back number 11 and said thats nice , so You hear number 12 ..

Trev ...

Down beats - up beats - dead beats - this is getting confusing for the little demented one ... :lol:

ReplyQuote
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hey Trev,
good for you experimenting, its what this stuff's all about. Dont worry about it being a short and simple song. One of my all time favourite songs is this one, Belle by Jack Johnson
Oi, lienda,
Bella che fa?
Bonita,
Bonita, Qué tal?
But, Belle,
Je ne comprends pas français
So you'll have to speak to me
Some other way.

thats it, and yet its such a great song IMO.

You may remember this one http://forums.guitarnoise.com/viewtopic.php?t=18583 & same idea as you I just wanted to play around with the guitar. I think you done well

cheers

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Paul

This I feel is my best MP3 I have done

Trev